Listed below are some recommended online resources and articles relating to depression in young people and behavioural activation.
Training and e-Learning
- Introduction to Behavioural Activation – an online course created by members of the ComBAT team with colleagues from IMPACT and hosted by Future Learn and the University of York’s Centre for Lifelong Learning
- ‘Creative Methods and Digital Media: Supporting Psychological Therapies’ – an interview with Professor Lina Gega commissioned by the Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health and posted on 21 March 2022. doi:10.13056/acamh.19507
- Ekers D, Webster L, Van Straten A, Cuijpers P, Richards D, Gilbody S (2014) Behavioural Activation for Depression; An Update of Meta-Analysis of Effectiveness and Sub Group Analysis. PLoS ONE 9(6): e100100. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0100100.
- Martin F, Oliver T (2019) Behavioral activation for children and adolescents: a systematic review of progress and promise. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 28: 427. doi:10.1007/s00787-018-1126-z.
- McCauley E, Gudmundsen G, Schloredt K, Martell C, Phew I, Hubley S, Dimidjian S. (2016) The Adolescent Behavioral Activation Program: Adapting Behavioural Activation as a Treatment for Depression in Adolescence. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 45(3):291-304. doi: 10.1080/15374416.2014.979933.
- Shenton N, Redmond T, Kroll L, Parry S. (2021) Exploring Behavioural Activation as a treatment for low mood within CAMHS: An IPA study of adolescent experiences. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 26(4):1153-1169. doi: 10.1177/13591045211031743.
- Tindall L, Mikocka-Walus A, McMillan D, Wright B, Hewitt C, Gascoyne S. (2017). Is behavioural activation effective in the treatment of depression in young people? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Psychology and Psychotherapy, 90(4):770-796. doi: 10.1111/papt.12121.
- Uphoff E, Ekers D, Robertson L, Dawson S, Sanger E, South E, Samaan Z, Richards D, Meader N, Churchill R. (2020). Behavioural activation therapy for depression in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 7. Art. No.:CD013305. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD013305.pub2.